Monday, October 25, 2010

Kilchoman Spring Release

Well as you know I was at regional the other day for the monthly tasting and I purchased two bottles of Kilchoman Spring Release. Why two? One for immediate consumption (gone) and the other to add to my collection of fine Kilchoman releases.
Let me tell you now that this is one delicious drop! Especially so for me as I was lucky enough to do some work experience there last year see exactly how it was made.
This one hasn't lasted very long because it is so drinkable. And this would be why!

Nose : Distinctively Islay. Strong essence of peat smoke.

Palate : Sweet peat smoke flavor with a hint of citrus. Quintessential Islay.

BUT at 46% it just needs something else. An extra 14%!! I have a small amount of  cask strength left over from last years visit and it is perfect. It is gonna be a 'Giant Monster Whisky' at 6 years and 60%. Can't wait!!

Score : 87

1 comment: